Can you believe we will be married for five years this July? FIVE. YEARS! I would be lying to you if I said it’s been a piece of cake, but it hasn’t. As a matter of fact, keeping the spark alive in my marriage is harder than raising my children. AND that has its hardships on its own. But, my love for my husband is so deep, and I know we were meant to spend the rest of our lives together so that in itself makes it all worth it.
You know that feeling of the comfort of being at home? That’s exactly how I feel when I’m with Joe. He is my safe haven, and I depend on him way more than I’d like to admit. We sometimes get caught up in everyday life and forget to nurture our relationship. And that’s where the struggles, the arguments, and the loneliness begin. We are making it work, and keeping the spark in our marriage is something that needs to be worked on every day.
Don’t you just wish your Husband or boyfriend could just read your mind? I know I do! That is where I fail in my marriage, I assume he knows what I need from him, and if he doesn’t give me that I shut down, and normally that’s when I feel so disconnected from him.
The last few weeks have been going great in our marriage, and I’m falling in love with my husband all over again. I get butterflies when I’m around him, and I can’t stop thinking about him when he’s not home. How did our marriage come from being so disconnected with each other to becoming so good? It’s because I decided to take the bull by its horns and change it. All this while I was waiting for my husband to change the atmosphere that surrounded us, and after a ton of prayer, I realized why wait? Let’s start now!
Here is how I rebooted my marriage the last few weeks and I 100% encourage you to start doing the same. today!
1. Change the way you look at your spouse. – There are so many things I wish I could change about Joe, like the fact that when he takes his socks off and just leaves them by the bed for me to pick up, drives me crazy. Instead, write a list of the good things you LOVE about your spouse, and focus on that.
2. be affectionate with your husband – Whether it is a quick hug, kiss, or even just holding hands in public. Showing your partner affection brings out the happiness in you and him. It will show one another that you guys care for each other.
3. Send your husband texts when he is not around– Showing Your husband you are thinking about him will make him feel needed.
4. make time for eachother.– Life gets so hectic, and adding children to the mix, it’s hard to focus on your relationship. Make it a priority to spend alone time with each other, Even if it’s right before bed. Try having the conversation that doesn’t involve your children.
5. Acknowledge your husband’s needs– My husband and I are so different, but I have learned to recognize what he enjoys doing and sacrificing time to enjoy it with him. This will help him respect your needs as well.
6. Dream the same dreams. – There was one night (and I think this is the night I fell in love with my husband all over again) where we sat in bed and talked about our future. Getting so excited about what we wanted in life, and just being on the same page. It felt so refreshing knowing we are both working for the same goal in life and having that connection with someone who dreams my dreams just feels so right.
Ok, so you may be thinking “Why should I be the only one putting effort into this marriage?” and the answer is, you shouldn’t. But, I find that if your partner sees’s you genuinely trying to better your relationship, this will give him some urge to do the same. Trust me. My husband isn’t one to be affectionate, and since I have been showing him these few things, he has been texting me during the day, coming home with a big smile, and instead of turning on the tv as soon as he gets home, he will try to start up a conversation. It feels so good to feel needed by your spouse, and I promise these simple things will help tremendously. Are you willing to try to reboot your marriage? I want to hear from you! Comment below, and please share this article with your friends. You never know who might need the encouragement to not walk away from their marriage.
I found this Site called The Dating Divas; they have everything you need to know to make your marriage work. I found this bundle that gives you 365 ways to ignite the spark in your marriage that you can buy here.
If you are looking for DATE NIGHT IDEAS THAT ENCOURAGE COMMUNICATION: Read This Article.